We've moved to http://www.booksellingonlineblog.com

Monday, July 18, 2005

Door to Door Book Sales?

Yes, it is true. In the age of impersonal ecommerce (us) there is a booming company that remains old-fashioned in terms of selling technique. Southwestern Co., originally a Bible selling company (surprised?), formed nearly 150 years ago and continues to sell its books door-to-door, mostly through the use of student salesmen. I tried to ignore this tip, but I kept finding articles about this in my inbox, and actually, after giving in, found the article quite interesting. Its list of alumni include some big time politicos who probably never made the over five thousand dollars a month second year salespersons now average, but still enjoyed their employment. Perhaps now we have a reason why summer sales continue to drop. I am thinking about strapping on my boots, digging up my grad school ID, and heading out to sell some books. Coffee first. (Link)
Digg