We've moved to http://www.booksellingonlineblog.com

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Are You Selling Review Copies?

I recently came across an article bemoaning an attempt by publishers to limit the sale of prerelease review copies on listings services. This is, of course, merely an extension of the myriad ambiguities technology and the internet continually pose to intellectual property law. As a used seller I did find the occasional review copy at library sales (usually on accident), and sold them only with some hesitation. However, as grad student, I have to admit, I felt sort of duped when I received two review copies as part of a used book purchase one semester. One was my own haste and fault and the other found me victim to a megaseller's generic descriptions. In the end, this is probably a whole lot of nothing, but worth noting. As for publishers, as the linked article notes, "as if that is their biggest worry."
Digg